Policy Scope and Links to Other Services
The Information We Collect
When you use the Service or a Third-Party Service, we may collect information about you, either directly from you or from the entity that operates the Third-Party Service.
Personal information we collect may include:
- registration information you provide when you create an account such as your first name and last name, country of residence, gender, email address, username, and password;
- transaction information you provide when you request information, contact customer support, or purchase a service from us, such as your mailing address, telephone number, and payment information. All credit card data is sent directly to Stripe without passing through our servers;
- activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our services, such as the content you view, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and internet protocol (“IP”) address.
As is true of most other services, the Service collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. The information may include (i) IP addresses, (ii) the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, (iii) browser type, (iv) operating system, and (v) other usage information about the use of the Service, including a history of the pages you view.
When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies on our Service as well.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Vicis Law collects personal information about you in order to:
- provide services and information that you request, view, or purchase;
- operate, maintain, enhance and provide all the features of the Service;
- to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to Users; and
- understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the Service, to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
When We Share Personal Information with Others
We only share personal information with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of the Services. We will not sell, disseminate, or lease any personal information to third parties unless we have specifically requested your permission or are required to do so in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We do not share personal information with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may opt out of any future contact or notifications from us, change your notification preferences, or make any of the following requests at the contact information provided below:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change or correct any data we have about you;
- have us delete any data we have about you; and/or
- express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You can contact us directly at [email protected] to review and correct the information about you that Vicis Law keeps on file or to change your notification preferences.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information. When you enter any information as part of the website and the Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Vicis Law uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information once we receive it.
Compromise of Personal Information
International Data Transfer
“Do Not Track” Policy
Vicis Law does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not monitor or respond to Do Not Track browser requests.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected].
Effective Date: October 1, 2019.